ABOUT THE LOWER SAVANNAH RIVER ALLIANCE
The Savannah River is an important resource for both South Carolina and Georgia which can be enhanced and shared economically through nature-based tourism while protecting its natural beauty and uniqueness - the very thing that makes it so special. By working together, stakeholders and the public can both benefit.
The Mission of the LowerSavannah River Alliance is to develop, coordinate,evaluate, facilitate, marketand implementopportunities for thedevelopment andenhancement of nature-based businesses within theLower Savannah RiverRegion.
The Alliance works to accomplish itsmission through the pursuit ofstrategic goals aimed at creating, developing, incubation and enhancingthe infrastructure required to supportnature-based business and tourismeconomic development throughoutthe bi-state lower Savannah Rivercorridor. A few of those goalsinclude:
• Identifying existing resourcesavailable tor public education.
• Developing information for thepublic concerning educationaland recreational opportunities onthe river.
• Identifying and meeting with private sector interests that mighthave an interest in investing in ariver related business.
• Developing self-guided riveradventure tours.
• Developing a Visitors EducationCenter on U.S. Hwy. 301 Southof Allendale.
• Including stakeholders and usersof the river in this vision andeffort.
Membership of the Board ofDirectors is comprised ofrepresentatives from sevencounties and two states:
In addition, stakeholdersthroughout the LSRA area areinvited and encouraged toparticipate.